The NRS is available to everyone at no additional charge.
- You can make calls 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- You can contact anyone in the wider telephone network.
- Calls can be made by a TTY (a special phone with a small keyboard and screen), internet relay or ordinary telephone. See details on the various call options.
- Training in how to use a TTY or internet relay is free.
- All calls through the NRS are relayed through a relay officer, who is the central link in every call and stays on the line to make sure your calls go smoothly.
You can type and read your conversation entirely via a TTY or via internet relay on a computer or mobile phone. Depending on your particular requirements,the relay officer can become "your voice" and read out your conversation to the other person. The relay officer can also listen to the response and type it back for you to read.
The privacy of all parties is respected and all calls are treated confidentially.
For more information visit the National Relay Service website
our help desk from 9am to 5pm on:
Voice 1800 555 660; TTY 1800 555 630 | | Fax 1800 555 690 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Peter Cox, Education and Information Officer SA/NT, National Relay Service
V (08) 8100 8204 | M 0437215596 | TTY (08) 8100 8216 | F (08) 8232 2217
email@example.com | www.relayservice.com.au