As you would be aware, there are currently concerns worldwide regarding the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). At Can:Do we are taking this seriously and ensuring that practices are in place to limit the spread and impact, especially should it become more common in South Australia.
We are currently putting the following measures in place;
- Clear instructions for staff regarding hygiene requirements
- The obligation for all visitors to our sites to use hand-sanitiser as they enter
- Additional guidelines for staff regarding sanitisation of all equipment between appointments
- New home-visit checklists
- Information regarding travel
- Restrictions on social touching (such as shaking hands)
- Additional options for flexibility and online services
- Cancellation policies
If you or your family are unwell, have been exposed to a known case or have recently travelled overseas, especially to a high risk country (currently China, Iran, Italy, Korea) or moderate risk country (currently Cambodia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Singapore, Thailand) we ask that you speak to our staff regarding any services you have booked, so we can ensure that we are able to assist you with your services in the safest way possible. We also reserve the right to cancel appointments if we believe it is in the best interest of our staff, clients or community health, safety or wellbeing.
Should you require further information we recommend visiting the official Australian Government health website https://www.health.gov.au
We will be in touch as any further information becomes available or in additional measures are required, and in the meantime look forward to continuing services with as few disruptions as possible.